How can I shop online at www.greatreads.co.ke?
- Go to our website www.greatreads.co.ke
- Locate the product by either searching using the search bar at the top of each page or browse through the categories
- Once you locate the item, click on the ‘Add to Cart’ button
- If you wish to continue shopping for other items, click on ‘Continue Shopping’. Once you are done shopping, click on ‘Continue to Secure Checkout’.
- You will be asked to confirm your items, click on ‘Continue to Secure Checkout’
- Fill in your shipping details. This can be done either while logged in or as a guest. If you do while logged in, the website will remember your shipping location the next time you shop. If you do as a guest, then the website will only remember your shipping details for that transaction only.
- Select your preferred payment method. We support mobile money transfer (M-Pesa and Airtel Money), Credit Card (Both Master and Visa) and supported local bank payment methods as provided by PesaPal.
- You will then receive a confirmation message via email and SMS from the website and the payment platform. The items are normally delivered within 48 – 72 hours from the time of payment unless otherwise advised.
How can I pay for my order?
Once you make a purchase from the website you can pay via M-Pesa or Credit card. If you select M-Pesa Option the website will display our Paybill number and account number that will be tied to your cart.
If you select PesaPal, we support mobile money transfer (M-Pesa and Airtel Money), Credit Card (Both Master and Visa) and supported local bank payment methods as provided by PesaPal.
What happens if my package does not arrive within the stipulated time?
Can I shop on the website without registering my account?
Yes, you can shop on greatreads.co.ke website as a registered user or as a guest. When you shop as a registered user, you don’t have to enter again your details when you come back next time. You may also choose to check out as a guest in which the website will forget your details once you check out. This means that you will key in your details afresh the next time you need to purchase from our website.
How long does it take to do a delivery?
Orders made from the website will be delivered within 48 – 72 hours from the time of payment unless otherwise advised. An advice may be made when the order is distributed across multiple branches or an item needs to be ordered for from a very distant branch or from the distributors. Note that the time of placing the order is different from the time of order payment.
Where are deliveries done?
How much do you charge for delivery?
- We offer free deliveries via EMS if the total cart amount is above KES 2,000 and a charge of KES 250 is added if the total cart is below KES 2,000.
- We also offer deliveries via G4S which is a premium service. All deliveries done via G4S are charged KES 406 up to 5 kgs regardless of the total cart amount. If the total cart is more than 5 kgs a charge of KES 30 will be added for every extra kg.
Can I request for an exchange if the wrong item is delivered or I make a mistake while buying online?
How can I repurchase items incase I’ve lost my cart or need them again?
You can repopulate your cart with items you’ve purchased in the past by logging into our website. Click on ‘Account’ link on the top right hand of your browser. On the page that opens, click on ‘Order History’. Locate your order using the filters at the top or the list of orders that appear. Click through the order number desired and click on the green button ‘Reorder all items’. You can also reorder part of the order by clicking on ‘Reorder’ button on each listed item.
If you checked out as a guest, go to your email and click on each item individually as you add them to cart then once done, proceed to check out.
If an item is out of stock, how can I get notified when it’s back in stock?
If you get an item is out of stock on our website, the product’s ‘Add to cart’ button will be disabled and replaced with a ‘Notify me’ button. Click on this button and fill in your email address. Once the product is back in stock, the website will send you an email to notify you that the item is back in stock.
Do you deliver outside Kenya?
Yes, we do deliveries outside Kenya. Once you select a destination outside Kenya, you will be given the options to select DHL, pre-populated with an estimated cost of delivery, or you can click on ‘Registered Mail’ option whose cost will be calculated by a website administrator and then you’ll get a notification on email once ready.
Can I send money to a mobile number to make the payment?
You cannot send money to a personal number if you want to make a website purchase. You are required to follow the correct procedure of buying online (as described here) and when you get to the payment page the website will display our Paybill Number and generate an account number that will be tied to your cart. You will use this to make payment. You will receive an SMS/email notification on the number/email you supply us.
Can I pay Cash on Delivery?
We do not support cash on delivery at the moment.